- It was Black History month, so that means major companies (Ulta, Sephora and Nordstrom, among others) are rolling out new diversity and inclusion initiatives. Time will tell whether they're in earnest or just crossing some items off their lists for Black History month.
- I'm still wary of anything claiming to be "green," but refillable luxury packaging is something I can get behind.
- Another reminder for me to update my post on faux freckles.
- This new book about the history of men's facial hair and grooming is on my wishlist.
- I had lots of new Museum acquisitions for the various celebrations in February, so here are some Instagram highlights.
Lunar New Year picks:
Mary Quant crayons in honor of her birthday:
Valentine's Day picks:
Twiggy lashes for National Lash Day:
- It was '90s week at Jezebel so you know I was all over that. My favorite article involved the mystery of the oversized yet flattering suits worn by X-Files' Dana Scully.
- Some reflections on Linda Nochlin's groundbreaking essay "Why Have There Been No Great Women Artists?", which turns 50 this year.
- HBO has an interesting-looking documentary on influencer culture.
How have you been? Are you looking forward to spring?