- I'm just gonna go ahead and toot my own horn - I was honored to be interviewed for an article on gender-inclusive beauty over at Mission Magazine. Not the most insightful quote but at least I got a mention!
- Let's hear it for Juvia's Place, who is providing $300,000 worth of grants for black-owned businesses.
- Some new beauty shows to binge: Jackie Aina's Social Beauty, a documentary featuring Black women fostering social change through beauty and Rosie Huntington Whiteley's About Face, which will explore the stories behind major brands.
- AOC shares all the details of her beauty routine, including her favorite red lipstick.
- Move over, Cheeto nail polish. Everything Bagel is where it's at. (I will most likely end up buying this.)
- In '90s nostalgia, Animaniacs is being re-booted and some enterprising person is marketing a Friends-themed advent calendar. Also, in reunions no one asked for, Smash Mouth returned to further the spread of COVID with a concert in South Dakota.
- Loving this new museum of BLM protest art, plus it's proof that a museum does not need a physical space to be meaningful and educational. Meanwhile, the International Mermaid Museum just opened.
Finally, in addition to the Museum's anniversary, August is the month for me and the husband's anniversary. Since we got hitched on our exact 10-year dating anniversary, we're celebrating a total of 20 years together this year. Woot! If you've been following the Museum since 2010 you know we had a lovely wedding day and a wonderful honeymoon. Here's some wedding miscellany to celebrate, including our stationery that the husband designed, my shoes, jewelry, and of course makeup. I know I need to get rid of the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and probably the Bobbi Brown lipstick I wore, but I can't part with them. (Hey, at least I got rid of the mascara and the Stila Kitten eyeshadow pan is a replacement). I also included a couple of Museum wedding-related pieces, like Stila's June Bride palettes and a cute little Elgin compact from the '40s, which unfortunately suffered some chipping.
How are you? Are you looking forward to fall?