- I was so very honored to be interviewed by a makeup artist in Spain for her podcast! I'm too lazy to post the original English version of the email interview, but she included it in Spanish at her website. (Side note: I'm ashamed that Spanish was my minor in college but now I don't remember anything except random words.)
- Cruelty-Free Kitty explains the difference between cruelty-free and vegan beauty, something I've been confused about for years.
- The coronavirus round-up: stories on our shifting relationships with makeup, skincare panic buying, and the imminent decline in the beauty market. If you're still feeling bad and useless, know that you can still help beauty professionals and execs at Ulta and Estée Lauder took paycuts in an effort to keep as many employees as possible.
- Dazed discusses the latest steps towards inclusiveness in the beauty industry.
- Kevyn Aucoin's '90s bestseller is making quite the comeback...but really, '90s beauty never goes out of style.
- For some reason I'm just now discovering this 2002 journal article on the history of Cutex advertising.
- Happy (?) 420: despite my skepticism regarding CBD beauty products, it's interesting to see how this sector has exploded in the past couple of years along with weed-themed cosmetics. Some of the latter don't even contain any cannabis and I find myself amused by the names and packaging. But the reason I don't buy them for the Museum is because so many of the companies selling them seem to be completely unaware of the marijuana industry's racism problem. If you're going to sell CBD products be socially aware about them, like Undefined Beauty Co.
- I'd like to hear more from Brad Pitt's makeup artist.
- Admittedly I haven't listened to it yet, but Fiona Apple's latest album is getting rave reviews so I'm looking forward to it. I remember her very first album from my college days and I'm so glad she's still here and making great music.
- "You ain't got no job, you ain't got shit to do!" In other '90s nostalgia, Friday turned 25. DAAAAAMMMMNNN!
- Museums in Europe are expected to re-open next month! In the meantime, organizations are continuing to educate and entertain visitors online, from sharing their creepiest items to challenging visitors to recreate artworks at home.
- You know I love makeup and mermaids, but pineapples are another obsession of mine. Therefore I need this plant ASAP even though I'm not capable of taking care of a cactus.
How are you? Tell me how you're faring in these very strange times. And if you need an escape, remember to check out the spring exhibition!