Hello and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! If you're not a mom I hope you're having a lovely Sunday. Unfortunately I am not...our living situation has not improved so we continue to actively look for new Museum headquarters, my 3rd chemical peel went badly (resulted in scabby, oozing wounds, which didn't occur with the first 2 peels - no idea what happened this time), and work has really picked up and will be busy till the end of June. So things might get a little quiet around here since work stress and house hunting = me having no energy/time left to blog. Anyway, I'll do my best to keep posting. And to stop complaining. ;)
- Here's a nice little read on cosmetics and personal hygiene products in ancient Egypt.
- It's always surprising to me how little the cosmetics industry is regulated, which is why I was intrigued by this new bill.
- And now for the crazy fads from the past 2 weeks: pizza slice, "shine line" and mother-of-pearl hair are having a moment, brow art continues full speed ahead, and I have to say I'm digging this new eye makeup trend, remarkably impractical though it is.
- Racked highlights the growing population of recovering makeup addicts. I can't say I'll ever be a part of their group, but it's good to know they're there. (I was actually aware of the Makeup Rehab reddit previously since the Museum's very first in-person visitor is a member and told me all about it.)
- I've had my issues with Dove's campaigns before, but this is a new level of dumb. Equally stupid is this new lipstick "hack" - an easier, more accurate way to determine what a lipstick will actually look like on your lips (and for you to see whether it's flattering) is swatching it on your fingertips. Finally, when will it end??
- In '90s nostalgia, the frontman of one of the decade's most prominent bands finished his Ph.D. I was also super excited about the new season of Twin Peaks...until I read this article indicating that at least 3 characters aren't coming back. (Two of these absences are due to the fact that the actors who played them have passed away since the show's original run - so sad!)
What's new with you?