- Smashbox is now a world record holder for the most expensive lip art, ringing in at a whopping $26,500.
- After a similar article published a few weeks ago, I really want to ask this author why she has such a hatred for all fun makeup. This is a topic I've explored before, but I believe women are smart enough to know the difference between nostalgia and infantilization.
- The latest trends sweeping Instagram include feather brows, floral eyeliner, holographic hair and leopard print hair. Meanwhile, ice cream flavored lip balm is the newest member of the foody beauty family.
- "I get enough FOMO from social media alone — I don’t need my beloved beauty products making me feel like I’m a loser as well." Racked offers a good piece on time-saving beauty products.
- In racist/offensive/bad taste beauty news, we have Nivea's (now pulled) "white purity" ads and a tutorial to recreate United Airlines passenger David Dao's bloodied mouth. Ugh.
- But at least this is funny.
- In '90s nostalgia, here's a list of little-known facts about my favorite movie and a truly hilarious supercut of Seinfeld bloopers. Also, Tamagotchis are officially back and Hanson's megahit "Mmmbop", a.k.a. the most annoying song ever, turned 20 this week.
- Eggs remind me of Easter, which brought in the usual fun stuff: the Washington City Paper resurrected the Post's Peeps Diorama contest, while a baker used 1,500 peeps to make a life-size Disney princess. And I'd be curious to check out this new bunny museum. Finally, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I'd probably eat both of these pizzas.
How are you doing?