- I wish I could have seen the cosmetics portion of this symposium. I also wish I could pitch the design-related exhibition I'm working on to an actual design museum...but I'm not going to get to it anytime soon. Sigh.
- Move over, Korea: Estonia might be the next big beauty influencer.
- Wacky trends for the past 2 weeks include color-changing hair and penis eyeliner. Yes, you read that second one correctly. Also, be sure to check out this new bronzer to give you a certain President-elect's (ugh) orange glow. I can't help but wonder whether Cheetos took this parody tutorial a little too seriously.
- Would absolutely kill to have this blogger's '90s makeup collection. Also kicking myself for not hanging onto to any of mine!
- "We shouldn't moralize makeup." Why talking about cosmetics and fashion post-election isn't necessarily shallow. Racked also had some other good pieces on beauty store design and several new beauty magazines intended for black women.
- In '90s nostalgia, Elle had a delightful oral history of My So-Called Life, while NKOTB announced a tour with Boyz II Men and Paula Abdul. Also check out this article on the relevance of Rage Against the Machine's debut album nearly 25 years after its release.
- Here's a great little read on the history of Christmas lights. If you're still feeling Grinch-like after reading, perhaps these marshmallows will inspire you to make extra fancy hot chocolate this season.
- My inner punk and my inner art historian are truly at war over the destruction of all this memorabilia. In other art news, I would dearly love to meet the person who purchased this rare Pokemon card for nearly $55,000.
How are you? Excited for the holidays? And if you took advantage of any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals I'd love to hear about your hauls. :)