Happy May! Here are this week's links.
- By far the biggest news of the week is that Dyson will be releasing a hair dryer. Beauty Geek answers your most pressing questions about it.
- "Non-touring" is the latest iteration of both contouring and the no-makeup look. Speaking of the latter, Sephora is now offering no-makeup makeup classes. Sigh.
- In men's grooming, the "dentist beard" is the latest trend, and this UK company's revenue shows that makeup for men is slowly inching its way towards the mainstream.
- Too lazy to give yourself a pedicure? These stockings have you covered.
- Mental Floss investigates the phenomenon known as "mascara face".
- Bet you didn't know your curling iron could do this.
- In case MAC's Vibe Tribe collection wasn't crappy enough for you, Urban Outfitters managed to make shampoo offensive. SMH.
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful": here's a nice round-up of vintage beauty commercials.
- In '90s news, MTV is bringing back both Unplugged and Cribs. Alas, Loveline is no more.
- See, art history isn't totally useless. In other art news, John Tremblay is getting a solo show in Paris - you might remember him from this 2006 Shu Uemura collaboration.
- Eater explains the latest obsession with rainbow food.
- As you may know, mermaids are good friends with jellyfish, so I was delighted to see this newly discovered neon one swimming about 2.3 miles beneath the ocean's surface.
How are you? Are you as excited for summer as I am?