- Latest hair trends include denim hair and funfetti hair. But if you think those are crazy, check out these fur, pom pom and stone manicures. I'm team fur nails all the way, since they remind me of plushies.
- In other nail news, some New York salons have been ordered to pay $1.1 million in back wages to workers.
- Refinery29 digs into Sophie Shab's controversial Instagram account.
- Spring isn't even here yet, but New York Fashion Week's tough beauty looks already have me excited for fall.
- At long last, some beauty innovations for women of color: a new hair care line inspired by Madam C.J. Walker will be launched at Sephora, and the new Cocoa Swatches app shows what makeup shades look like on a variety of skin tones. We still need a lot of work on diversity within the beauty industry, but these are a step in the right direction.
- In '90s nostalgia, Sarah Michelle Gellar has gone brunette to reprise her role from the 1999 film Cruel Intentions, which is getting a TV reboot. For the early part of the decade, there was this piece on 1991's Silence of the Lambs.
- As much as I love the '90s, there were some good '80s memories to be had. Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Blue Velvet all celebrated their 30th anniversaries, and Pee Wee is back! (Also, I'm giving a shout-out to the person who photoshopped him into vintage postcards.)
Finally, here's a bonus pic of me in Disney World - my mom caught me mid-Tweet. It was a great trip but totally exhausting. I think the pink ears go well with the camo jacket, yes? (Just kidding, I know that combination looks especially ridiculous.)
More pics will be coming soon over at Postcards from Sailor Babo - our little scamp had quite the adventure!
How have you been?