- Some very exciting news! If you've been reading my blog for a while you know what a huge fan I am of beauty writer Autumn Whitefield-Madrano and her fabulous blog The Beheld. Well, guess what?! Her first book is now available for pre-order! Face Value: The Hidden Ways Beauty Shapes Women's Lives sounds truly awesome. Be sure to check out her new website too.
- The Glamourologist explains how an ancient Egyptian cosmetic spoon worked.
- I don't collect perfume bottles, but these Guerlain ones are amazing (and retail for $11,000 each!)
- On the local front, Baltimore may be the "most eccentric" city in the U.S. (I must point out, however, that the item about the "Ouija 7-11" is complete and utter garbage...there are so many things wrong with that write-up. Just trust me.)
- Loved this profile of merfolk in the UK.
- Never trust a big butt and a smile: in '90s nostalgia, Justin Timberlake does a great cover of the 1990 hit "Poison." Also, classic '90s radio show Loveline gets revisited and TV show Saved By the Bell is getting its own restaurant.
- Only a few more days!!
What was catching your eye this week, beauty-related or otherwise?