- Jezebel continues its makeup by decade series with the '60s.
- "What kind of makeup am I gonna get to taste..." Here's a catchy, funny new song featuring the excellent Kathleen Hanna. (If you're a Le Tigre fan I think you'll like this.)
- One of my favorite blogs turns 9!
- In dubious beauty inventions this week we have spray-on nail polish and the threading face-lift.
- Enjoy this profile of Dick Page.
- A new article points out that luxury brand makeup is overpriced. In other news, water is wet.
- I really wish it would be acceptable for me to go to work with rainbow roots - what a fun way to cover up my greys.
- Here's a tutorial on the makeup of the Tang Dynasty (618-907 A.D.), via Two Nerdy History Girls.
- For God's sake, don't try this "trick", a.k.a. a fiery disaster waiting to happen. Just heat up your eyelash curler with a hairdryer, which I do every morning. Trust me, it's effective and much less dangerous.
- I don't even know what to make of this 12-year-old boy discussing women and makeup.
- LOL. I just hope they gave these women real makeovers afterwards.
- To those 1-minute videos showing various beauty trends throughout history: check and mate.
I can't get enough lattes and cookie butter, so I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the latest offering from the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (too bad there are no locations here). Your move, Starbucks.
- Speaking of coffee, I think this is one of the greatest ideas ever, naysayers be damned. I love the taste of coffee but I can't handle the caffeine, so this is right up my alley.
- Behold, Pulp Muppet.
How have you been this week?