This year's color trend is reminiscent of last year's in that it's not actually a single color. However, the similarity ends there, as these metallic textures are the antithesis of "no-makeup" makeup. The heavy metal trend for fall 2015 sets itself apart from the usual shimmery shades by emphasizing a molten, mirror-like sheen, that to my eye looks like an updated version of '70s disco glam. Both nails and eyes shine in a variety of metallic hues - cool silver, yellow gold and deep bronze seem to be the most popular options, but rose gold is also having a moment.
- YSL Metal Clash eye shadow palette
- Essie Leggy Legend nail polish
- A model at Zac Posen's fall 2015 ready-to-wear show
- Elizabeth Arden Golden Opulence collection
- Tom Ford Face Focus collection promo
- RMK Gold Impression Illuminator
- A model at Mara Hoffman's fall 2015 ready-to-wear show
- Bobbi Brown Greige nail polish
- Laura Mercier Eye Chromes palette
- Dior Addict Fluid Shadow in Magnetic
What do you think of the fall 2015 metallics trend? I think it's really fun and festive, but is not kind to my crepey eyelids and less-than-perfect nails, so I will be doing a more subtle version.