- XO Vain digs into the complex beauty regiment of a 19th century empress.
- Apparently beard transplants are a thing.
- I've been wondering about the controversy over Lime Crime for years. Fortunately Arabelle gives the full scoop at Racked.
- I have a lot of hope for this new laser razor - seems so much easier than traditional shaving.
- This vlogger paints her nails better after a bottle of wine than I do completely sober.
- Another beauty YouTuber experiments with a Coke "shampoo".
- Aha! I had long suspected it was only a matter of time before Pat McGrath developed her own makeup product. Only 1,000 of her new multi-use Gold 001 will be sold so I probably won't get it, but I'm curious to see how it performs.
- Must buy these new edible polishes for my niece (and maybe for me.)
- Speaking of non-toxic nail polishes, here's another reason to steer clear of acrylics (or at least, don't keep your nail glue near your eye drops!)
- No. Just no.
- A delicious panel with the Holy Trinity...could there be another album on the way?!
- I'm embarrassed to admit that I cried at this Nike commercial. It just got me for a lot of reasons.
- In '90s nostalgia, I'm still plowing my way through the original X-Files (why didn't I watch it when it was on?) and am very excited for the new episodes, given this info. I love that the credits are the same. Meanwhile, the Hairpin reminisces about the bizarre hit single "Pepper" from the Butthole Surfers and links to an oral history of the band.
- I want this Vogue coloring book!
- Finally, as you know, it's decorative gourd season, so here is my contribution to fall. BLAMMO!
Do you not love these tiny pumpkins? The husband spotted them at the farmer's market. They're called Jack Be Littles - too cute!
Have you been doing any seasonal decorating/baking? I have scheduled Pumpkin Fest for October 24th and am trying to narrow down what I'll be making.