- How do I get this job?
- Meet "tontouring," the latest fad within the contouring trend.
- Nouveau Cheap has the scoop on the upcoming Cover Girl/Star Wars makeup collection.
- Japan-based cosmetics retailer Ainz & Tulpe introduced these really cool interactive shop windows in Tokyo.
- There's also a must-read article on the history of black lipstick. Funny story: Arabelle actually contacted me a little while ago to see if I had any leads on this topic! I was so flattered. Alas, I couldn't help - I explained that in 2013 I started working on a special exhibition with the working title of Black Magic: A History of Black Lipstick and Nail Polish, only to essentially abandon it when I couldn't find much info, at least not online.
- Going further back in history, Two Nerdy History Girls reposts a two-part article on 18th-century hair styles and how they were achieved, while Beautiful with Brains shares a 19th-century guide to growing longer eyelashes.
- I was relieved to see that the new practice of microwaving off your armpit hair, does not, in fact, involve a traditional microwave.
- Rolling Stone interviewed Kathleen Hanna on the recently reissue of Revolution Girl Style Now. *happy sigh*
- In other '90s news, Garbage's self-titled debut album turned 20, Alanis Morissette is releasing a deluxe edition of Jagged Little Pill to celebrate its 20th anniversary, and there's finally an update on the long-awaited Ab Fab movie.
- The number of visitors to the Met's recent China: Through the Looking Glass exhibition has surpassed the previous visitor record held by the McQueen exhibition. Related: "The bottom line is that however much we love to look at art, everyone gets dressed in the morning."
- More pumpkin spice madness.
How have you been?