While pastels are always huge for spring, I felt there was one shade in particular that stood out this year. A pale powdery blue seemed to usurp the usual peach, mint and lilac that we see at the start of each warm weather season.
- Butter London nail lacquer in Kip
- MAC Cinderella face powder
- Rochas spring 2015 beauty look
- Paul & Joe eye gloss in Firmament
- RMK Vintage Sweets Face Color
- Emanuel Ungaro spring 2015 beauty look
- Ciaté Eye Chalk in Jump Rope
- Guerlain Les Tendres Ecrin 4 Couleurs eye shadow palette
- Fendi spring 2015 beauty look
I wasn't really sure if this pale blue was the "it" color of the season until I spotted several other roundups, from runway shows to bags to interior design. I also saw it featured in several magazines and figured I was on to something.
While my focus is on baby blue, it seems that any variation of blue is the season's hottest hue (check out these blue nail polishes, eye shadows, and accessories here and here.) And the craze for blue will go into summer and fall since many brands included it in their upcoming collections, including Illamasqua, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, and OPI's Venice collection (which features an "icy cool pastel blue").
I still prefer mint green and pinky coral as my go-to spring colors, but I will say that I purchased Butter London Kip and I am smitten. I always read baby/powder blue as kind of an old-lady color, but in small doses it works.
What do you think? Are you feeling blue?