- Where are they now? Late '90s/early 2000s beauty trends, that is. The Hairpin finds out.
- New York's MTA needs to STFU.
- Selena fans, rejoice: a new MAC lipstick may be released in the pop singer's honor.
- New cosmetics legislation has been introduced with the intent of giving the FDA to have some authority over the industry.
- The makeup-applying robot was kind of a bust but this new shampoo robot might have some promise.
- Ylang ylang, a key ingredient in Chanel's No. 5 perfume is quickly becoming scarce. Don't fret though! While it doesn't contain ylang ylang, Chanel's new Misia fragrance has something even better: what they're calling a "lipstick accord". Perfume that smells like makeup? I'm in.
- I don't know about you, but between the new huge LUSH flagship store opening and Fortnum and Mason revamping their beauty department, I'm about to hop a plane to London. (And I still want to see the McQueen makeup exhibition!)
- This post reminded me that the Makeup Museum site could use a refresh. And by "could use" I mean "desperately needs" a makeover. But I have no idea even where to start.
- I am not running at the moment (still, ugh!!) but I was still mentally cheering on those who ran the Boston marathon earlier this week. Here's the history behind the first woman to force her way in.
- In '90s nostalgia, Friday turns 20. Bye, Felicia.
- Awful confession time: on a whim the husband and I decided to give Mike Tyson Mysteries on Adult Swim a go and...it's hilarious. I KNOW. The man is a convicted rapist. I shouldn't be watching the show in the first place, let alone find it funny. *turns in feminist card* Just needed to get that off my chest, not endorsing the show in any way.
- Happy 4/20.
How was your week?