- The ever hilarious Pink Sith rounds up some of the most expensive holiday beauty items.
- Love this realistic Barbie!
- The latest development in the Sephora VIB sale saga: the company is getting slapped with a class-action lawsuit.
- New York Magazine's The Cut helpfully rounded up all of the stories in their "Pretty Hurts" series. Good stuff.
- I knew about prison inmates concocting booze in their cells, but I didn't know incarcerated women make their own cosmetics.
- The patriarchy is alive and well, as evidenced by this study on men's behavior towards women wearing high heels. Honestly, why was this even conducted? I don't give a flying fig what men think is attractive and neither should anyone else, so I have no idea why their opinion is so important that it warranted its own survey.
- An XO Vain staffer explores tips found in a 1930s beautician's textbook.
- Aha! I KNEW so-called "skinny mirrors" in stores weren't just a figment of my imagination.
- Since I was away this weekend and had no time for swatches, product reviews are for new holiday bath and body items, namely LUSH's Drummers Drumming bubble bar and Philosophy's Holiday Spice Rack 3 in 1 set.
- Hear snippets of two new Sleater-Kinney songs during their interview on All Things Considered. So so so good...can't wait till January 20th, when the album is released in full, and February 25th, when I'll be seeing them live in DC. :D I'm also always shocked at how soft and gentle Corin's speaking voice is - listening to her talk, you would never know what a tremendously powerful singing voice she has.
- Along those lines, I can't wait for season 5 of Portlandia. I spy lots of good cameos in the new trailer.
- In '90s news, I'm SO glad Refinery29 posted this list of 20 hits from 1994 - I thought I was the only one who remembered "Here Comes the Hotstepper", one of my most listened to songs on my ultimate '90s playlist.
If you're in the U.S., are you excited for Turkey Day? Will you be engaging in any Black Friday shopping? That reminds me - be sure to snatch up those limited edition Tom Ford lipsticks at the stroke of midnight on Thursday!