Shark Week is over, but you should still check out these amazing shark-inspired makeup looks.
- September 9th is shaping up to be an important date. Not only is the killer mermaid movie I've been dying to see since February finally coming out, a new book featuring MAC ads will be released as well.
- This $1.3 million manicure makes Louboutin's $50 nail polish seem like a bargain.
- The Beauty Plus explores rhytiphobia, a.k.a. a fear of wrinkles.
- I'm intrigued by the online salon booking system Allure is launching.
- Snail slime facials were kinda yucky, but this bird poop one takes the gross cake.
- Don't try this at home (or, like, ever.) Beautiful with Brains shares an old recipe for lead face powder.
- Worn Through examines whether handling museum objects with gloves is really necessary. For me personally I find they do help cut way down on fingerprints left on my collectible palettes, but they also make them a little more difficult to handle.
- The National Gallery in London removes its photography ban, hooray! Read a collection of reactions here. And congrats are in order for Amsterdam's Van Gogh Museum, which welcomed its millionth visitor this year.
- In things-that-make-me-feel-old news, internet shopping turned 20 this week.
- It's a little soon for me but I'm still super excited to see that Starbucks Pumpkin Spice lattes will be back earlier than usual.
What's been catching your eye this week?