Happy weekend! Did you enjoy the solstice? I was a little bummed it wasn't sunny here yesterday to fully appreciate the longest day of the year, but c'est la vie. Anyway, here are some links from the week.
- Bobbi Brown starts her new post as Yahoo Beauty's editor-in-chief...very interested to see how this will pan out.
- PJ at A Touch of Blusher digs up some fantastic Shiseido commercials from the '60s.
- The latest thing beauty woe for women: "pre-cellulite". Well, I don't have to fret - I'm already well into the full-on cellulite stage. :P
- Gio at Beautiful With Brains presents some of the most dangerous beauty practices in history. I knew about lead face powder, but not belladonna!
- Refinery29 rounds up some of the latest and greatest beauty apps.
- Beautylish gives a brief history of Inglot Cosmetics.
- An acne sufferer explains at XO Vain why makeup isn't "false advertising". Damn straight.
- Mental Floss celebrates 29 "weird" museums. I was surprised I hadn't heard of all of them.
- Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal discusses a new study that shows how the human brain is hardwired to appreciate art. (via Art Observed)
- The Oatmeal had me in hysterics this week between "The Do's and Do Not's of Running Your 1st Marathon" and "Why Dieting Is Hard".
- Equally funny (or maybe not) was the fact that Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino was arrested for brawling at...wait for it...yes, a tanning salon. (Come on, don't pretend you don't remember Jersey Shore!)
How was your week?