- My favorite intellectual beauty blog, The Beheld, has been nominated for Marie Claire's Most Wanted Beauty Blogger award!! Vote for Autumn and her excellent blog here.
- XO Vain shows how you can get that Big Lebowski look. Love it.
- More '90s beauty chatter - apparently tooth gems are back.
- Deborah Lippmann is hitting all the Curator's obsessions as of late. This summer it was a mermaid collection, and I just discovered that for fall there is a punk-themed collection!
- Finally, someone made a Barbie with the average American woman's measurements.
- I am scheming on how to get my hands on this gorgeous Selfridge's exclusive Bourjois candle.
- This is a little creepy, no?
- The Jealous Curator brought the work of Christine Zona to my attention. Of her latest series of photographs of the Jersey Shore, Zona says, "I created this series to reclaim the innocence of the Jersey Shore. The shore that I remember as a child. This shore still exists, but recently it’s been overshadowed by the 'Snookis' and the 'Situations' of the world. So I headed out to Seaside Heights, Asbury Park, Point Pleasant, Belmar, and Atlantic City with my Polaroid Spectra Camera and a backpack full of expired film to capture it as I once saw it." As someone who had childhood vacations at the Jersey Shore this series is especially poignant for me.
- Finally, some important Uglydoll news. I have pre-ordered Superman Babo, but it looks like there will be yet another Babster for fall!! Uglydoll partnered with Universal Partnerships and Licensing to create some "universal monsters". I spy a mummy Babo, which will be added to our plushie family come Halloween!
(image from plasticandplush.com)
What's been going on with you? Any fall releases, makeup or otherwise, that you're particularly excited for?