Curator's Corner: Happy Memorial Day!
May 27, 2013
Hope everyone (in the U.S., anyway) enjoyed a day off! This week's links.
- XO Vain gives us a step-by-step guide on how to get the alluring beauty of Twin Peaks' Audrey Horne.
- Love the concept of Bite Beauty's new Lipstick Lab, where you can create your very own custom shade.
- New beauty book alert: The Power of Glamour: Longing and the Art of Visual Persuasion is now available for pre-order!
- Rouge Deluxe shows us a sneak peek of Ladurée's fall collection (already!). I have my sights set on the cream blush, which has a beautiful fan imprint and gorgeously illustrated outer case.
- Baltimore Fishbowl brings us a timely interview with John Waters. I say "timely" because I finally saw the man in the flesh this week! I was getting lunch after some sessions at the AAM conference and almost walked smack into him. After nearly 7 years of living here, I feel like a true Baltimorean (or Baltimoron, your choice).
- Well, that's a relief. World Nutella Day will continue after all.
- Finally here: new episodes of Arrested Development! But in case you want to re-watch all the previous episodes to refresh your memory before digging into the new stuff, Splitsider provides 53 more jokes you might have missed.
- In mermaid news, please donate to the Kickstarter campaign to save the Coney Island Mermaid Parade. And if you still don't think mermaids exist, check out yet another special on Animal Planet with new "evidence". (Okay, it's still all fake like last year's "documentary" but I can't help wistfully believing!)
How was your week?