Curator's Corner, 2/16/2013
February 16, 2013
- As you know, I don't like Valentine's Day but I did like these Baltimore V-day cards, along with these works of art rendered in chocolate and Belgium's new chocolate-scented stamps.
- 'Tis Girl Scout cookie season, and this year they've started taking credit cards. God help me - as someone who rarely carries cash, the only thing prohibiting me previously from buying dozens of boxes of cookies was the lack of credit card capability.
- Vote for the ugliest shoes of all time at Shoewawa. Warning: it's going to be harder than you think!
- Worn Through takes on disaster-themed fashion shoots.
- Still slogging through The Wire (I'm early in season 4), so I appreciated this round-up of the best food moments in the show.
- Buzzfeed brings us a day in the life of a late '90s teenaged girl. Pretty spot-on.
- Finally, posts have been short here at the Museum and things might be quiet for the next week as I make the final preparations for the special exhibition. Here's a peek of the mock-up of the displays I'm working on.
Can you guess what the theme is now? I gave a little hint a few weeks ago, but I think now it's clear! ;)