- MAC introduced a super exclusive Grey Friday lipstick and nail polish for Black Friday. I was intrigued by the stock photos, and after seeing real-life pictures of the lipstick I knew I had to have it. I also knew I'd have to be very quick to order online, with MAC's tendency to sell out. So I told my dear husband to remind me at midnight on Thanksgiving to place the order. Well, come midnight we both forgot and I was completely passed out in a food/prosecco coma, but around 1:30am the husband remembered! He apparently tried to wake me up, but I was unresponsive so he went ahead and placed the order himself. Now that's love. :D Can't wait to get it! It's a good thing he ordered too, because by 8am on Friday it was sold out.
- In other beauty news, Makeup Minute provided a very interesting history of an old beauty implement known as a strigil.
- Design Crush brought my attention to Much-Loved, a photo series capturing well-worn plushies! I wish I had known about it - I have two that are so old and falling apart they can only be honorary Museum staff members. I would have loved to have them photographed.
- Now that it's the holiday season, I went a little crazy ordering stationery from Hello! Lucky, but in my defense they were offering 20% off and free shipping. Here are a few highlights from my order.
I simply can't resist those sock monkeys!
I love how the little fish next to the penguin on the card on the right is just sitting there chilling out with his hot cocoa.
Here's a pretty holiday scene and another one of my favorite things - anthropomorphic food. Awesome.
- It seems everyone is getting into the holiday spirit. You may know the Museum has a Domo who is one of the security guards. He was very jealous when he saw this picture of some of his buddies at local store Atomic Books.
Now he wants a reindeer/Santa costume too!
What was your favorite Thanksgiving dish this year? Have you started your holiday shopping? Did you have any Black Friday mishaps?