Curator's Corner, 9/8/2012
September 08, 2012
- Beautiful with Brains shares a bit of beauty history, covering a late 19th-century object known as a "toilet mask".
- How cute is this Arrested Development quote print?
- As sad as I am to see summer go, I must say I am excited for this delectable-looking Philosophy set mentioned by the Beauty Alchemist. Toasty Cabin features shower gels in Whipped Vanilla Topping, Spiced Pumpkin Latte, and Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa. WANT! And buying this set will not prevent me from buying the full-size bottle of Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa, as you're familiar with my Philosophy shower gel obsession.
- Speaking of pumpkin lattes, they're back at Starbucks. It's still pretty warm here but any day now I will be enjoying my first one of the season.
- On the cookie front, Lanvin collaborated with Ladurée to create adorable packaging just in time for Paris fashion week.
- Remember how I was talking about how much I love school and prints/fabrics traditionally associated with it? I think I would give my right arm to see the Ivy Style exhibition at Fashion Institute of Technology, which examines the "Ivy League Look" and "presents three main periods of the look: the interwar years of the 1920s and 1930s; the post-war era to the end of the 1960s; and the revival from the 1980s to the present. Focusing almost exclusively on menswear dating from the early 20th century through today, more than sixty ensembles, both historic and contemporary, are intermingled in an environment evocative of an Ivy League university campus." Tweed and varsity jackets and Oxford shirts...I am swooning.
- In other museum news, the American Association of Museums is now the American Alliance of Museums. Yay for new names and logos!
- Education Specialist Cookie Dream Babo, Museum Advisory Committee member Babo's bird and Communications Director Yoyamart Babo (a.k.a. the winged museum staff) were very pleased to see Paul & Joe's fall blushes, which feature birds. They are kindred spirits. (A post on Paul & Joe fall will be coming soon).
What was catching your eye this week?