Since I totally fell off the blogging wagon last week, links today are from the past 2 weeks. I hope to be more on the ball with posting this week, but I can't promise anything as it's shaping up to be the busiest week I've had in a while. To say my life is in flux would be an understatement. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this huge batch of links.
- I want to get this adorable Marks and Spencer palette for my mom - she loves owls so this would be perfect, but I don't think I can get it stateside. Hmph.
- The Art of Scent exhibition opened at the Museum of Arts and Design in NYC. How about an Art of Makeup exhibition? I know someone who could curate it. ;)
Beautylish rounds up "international Klein blue"-inspired beauty products. I'm embarrassed that as a former art history major I had no idea there was a brilliant shade of blue invented by Yves Klein.
- In the world of themed days, last Friday was National Punch a Hipster Day. I can't decide if I like that more than National Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19). And this past Wednesday was National Running Day.
- This Serious Eats post on Mack's pizza at Wildwood's boardwalk got me nostalgic for my childhood vacations at the Jersey shore.
- '90s woman that I am, I cracked up at these Clueless candles. "You're a virgin who can't drive." "That was way harsh, Tai."
- Love the idea of having a museum mascot. Surely one of the Museum's staff members could fill that role but I couldn't bring myself to choose!
The award for the most exciting beauty news of the week goes to the Shu Uemura/Karl Lagerfeld collaboration coming up for the 2012 holiday season. Can't. Wait.
And the award for the most exciting fashion news of the week goes to my favorite store, who is now FINALLY offering online shopping in the U.S. Previously the only way to get my paws on it, short of a trip abroad or to NYC, was to order by phone from one of the few U.S. stores. My credit card is weeping. Here's my haulage (all shirts), as modeled by museum staff. And I will be picking up more, of course, now that the buying process is easier.
As I mentioned in my post on Anna Sui's pirate-inspired summer collection and as these next 2 pictures will demonstrate, I'm a bit obsessed with skulls. Just a little. ;)
How was your week?