Busy, busy week! Work stuff has been killing me! I'm also slightly distracted because I miss my parents so much - they're on a trip to China and I can't talk to them (only text) since it's so expensive, and I'm not used to that as I talk to at least my mom every day. :( (Her texts are hilarious though - I think I might start a Tumblr because they are too funny not to share them with the world). Anyway, here are some things from around the web this past week.
- The 4th winner of the Shu Uemura Artist Award has been announced. I hope they'll do a collaboration that has awesome packaging.
- I'd love to attend this conference! Or better yet, submit a paper on the cultural meaning of cosmetic items.
- This Wisconsin man got kicked out of an all-you-can-eat restaurant for eating too much. I shouldn't laugh, but that is literally the plot of one my favorite Simpsons episodes - if you don't know what I'm talking about you must watch this clip. "That man ate all our shrimp, and two plastic lobsters!" "'Tis no man, 'tis a remorseless eatin' machine, aaarr!" I wonder if he went fishing after getting thrown out.
- These vintage Natty Boh beer ads made me smile.
- Amazingly hilarious video of pinning gone mad.
- Finally, I'll leave you with this:
Me too, Art History Major Cat, me too.
Oh, one more thing - this coming week will be what I've dubbed On the Water Week. It's a precursor to the unofficial start of summer on Memorial Day and will celebrate fun summery aqua-related things - swimming pools and sailors and campy pirate stuff! So stay tuned.