Although I haven't been blogging the past couple of weeks, I still feel like I never have enough time for my to-do list. I seriously don't know where the time goes! I'm a little sad this weekend even though it's a holiday because 1. last year at this time I was honeymooning in Paris, and 2. it's the last weekend of summer. That means horrible cold dark winter is just around the corner. :( But I will try to stay positive so in that spirit, here are some good things from this week (and maybe last, I can't remember) that were catching my eye.
- How cute are these lip balms posted by Beautiful with Brains? The little creatures remind me of Museum staff.
- I love anything miniature, so I really want to see this exhibition at NYC's Museum of Arts and Design.
- New perfume by L'Artisan - I'm pretty sure their Ananas Fizz is my all-time favorite perfume (maybe tied with Creed Virgin Island Water), but I'm very intrigued by this, as the notes include "lemon, coconut, caipirinha accord (
lime and sugar cane), mint..." Sounds like something I'd love. Plus the name is awesome - who wouldn't want to wear something called Batucada?
- Glossed Over completed her 5th live blogging of September Vogue last week - as with years past, it's a must-read. Go NOW and read it. I'll wait.
- DessertBuzz has the scoop on the Laduree opening in NYC. How I wish I had been there! Fortunately there is a local bakery, Bonjour Bakery and Cafe, that makes scrumptious macarons. My very thoughtful husband picked some up for me:
Of course, I managed to devour one whole bag in a matter of minutes.
Happy Labor Day!