- Lots of somewhat unsurprising industry news but still worth a mention: fast beauty suffers the same problems as fast fashion; Sephora continues to dominate sales even in more niche categories once cornered by smaller, indie brands; and if companies won't stop animal testing for the animals' sake, they should at least do it to meet consumer demand. Finally, congrats are in order for Mother, whose company's value has surpassed that of "self-made" (LOL, nope) billionaire Kylie Jenner.
- Despite this report, I highly doubt mascara is going anywhere...especially for those of us who don't have the time/money to regularly splurge on lash extensions or tinting. This sort of privilege goes hand in hand with the no-makeup trend. Who needs foundation when your skin is flawless from expensive dermatological treatments?
- Doesn't get any more '90s than 311 and the Offspring covering each other's songs, or explaining all the lyrics to Barenaked Ladies' 1998 irritating but admittedly catchy hit "One Week". Plus, make way for a Spice Girls exhibition.
- Ooh, here's another fun way for me to pretend to be a curator besides blogging.
- As for my summer vacation, unfortunately my annual 3-day trip to the Jersey Shore got rained out so I missed having any beach time, but I did have fun hanging with my parents at their house. The plushies were very content as my dad always fully stocks cookies and other sweets.
How did July treat you?