Welcome to 2017's last installment of Curator's Corner! Here are some links from oh, the past 6 weeks. As you can imagine, things have been even more hectic than usual. I hope to get up a couple more posts before the new year, including the holiday/winter exhibition, but we'll see if it actually happens.
- Move over 6 Flags, this is THE theme park for beauty enthusiasts.
- My glitter-loving heart is breaking.
- Crazy trends, holiday edition: bauble brows and Christmas tree brows are the latest fads, while candy cane eyeliner has been resurrected from last year. Those are a little too out there for me but I'd be willing to give tinsel lashes a go.
- People are just coming to this conclusion now?
- In '90s nostalgia, Rolling Stone provides an oral history of Right Said Fred's hit "I'm Too Sexy", while Stereogum catches up with White Town to see what he's been up to since his 1997 hit "Your Woman".
- Something to look forward to during the dark, cold days of January.
- "Their appeal might seem to stem from their role as a vehicle for ironic nostalgia, an opportunity to revel in all that is festively cheesy." Here's a history of the ugly Christmas sweater.
- Get ready for a whole lotta purple in 2018.
How are you? Are you ready for the holidays?