Whew. As you can imagine it's been pretty busy offline, so I'm hoping to hit the proverbial reset button on this little blog and get back to posting more regularly. In the meantime, here are some links from oh, the past month - I got so far behind, but I think they're still relevant. :)
- I lamented on Twitter about the fact that holographic mascara doesn't exist, but I guess these LED eye lashes are the next best thing.
- A fashion curator explains why some pieces belong in a museum. I think her arguments apply to a cosmetics museum as well, yes?
- When I was in school I worked my ass off to get the highest grades possible so the idea of cheating doesn't sit well with me, but I gotta hand it to this kid for his creativity.
- Contrary to popular belief and much to the delight of people like me who love slathering on the makeup, heavy application actually has some skincare benefits.
- The latest wacky beauty products to hit the market include rosé scented deodorant, pizza bath bombs, and perfume that smells like a cat's belly (I guess it's similar to Demeter's Kitten Fur but more specific?) More questionable and possibly harmful are these "treatments" for your nether regions. #newlow
- More beauty craziness: Instagram fads include lip art using toilet paper or bugs, watermelon makeup, and tons of new hair trends from "Starburst" coloring and confetti hair to marbling. Finally, using soft drinks for various beauty purposes seems to be the next big thing.
- In '90s nostalgia, Alanis Morrisette's hit album Jagged Little Pill is being turned into a musical, Clearly Canadian is back on supermarket shelves, and three hit songs celebrated their 20th birthdays.
- Happy 30th to the gif! The interwebz wouldn't be the same without them.
- Anyone else watching the new Twin Peaks? I don't have Showtime but my parents do, so I managed to see the first 3 episodes when I visited them a few weeks ago...but now I'm seriously considering getting a Showtime subscription to continue watching - I'm hooked!
How have you been?