- Three huge beauty news items: 1. MAC will be available at Ulta. Now if they would just come to Sephora I'd be a happy girl. 2. There is an entire '90s inspired makeup line. How perfect would I be to create products for it?! 3. Urban Decay will be launching a Basquiat collection on April 20. I'm glad that the potential issues with this collection were mostly addressed...but I'll be sure to expand on this when I get the whole collection in my greedy little paws!
- Speaking of paws, you can now smell like kitten fur.
- Lipstick is so pretty to look at, even under a microscope.
- This is a great followup to my brief post on makeup packaging recycling.
- In beauty history, Collector's Weekly had an excellent profile of hallowed brand Santa Maria Novella.
- Here's some evidence of what I've known for years (and one of the major reasons I love makeup).
- A friendly reminder not to use LUSH bath bombs as highlighter. File this under WHY?? With the spate of highlighters flooding the market at all price points I have no idea why you'd try to use a bath product as one.
- Again, WHY??
- In '90s nostalgia, Hanson has announced a tour, while Mental Floss unravels the history of those bizarre Mentos commercials. (I wish they also had a history of the Snapple lady.) Meanwhile, musicians reflect on the legacy of Biggie Smalls in honor of the 20-year anniversary of his passing, while in more upbeat news, I'm celebrating the 20th birthday of one of the many great albums by my favorite band. Birthday wishes are also in order for Buffy the Vampire Slayer (20) and My Cousin Vinny (25).
- Will mermaid-inspired eats replace the unicorn food trend? I hope so.
- This new fashion museum sounds great but I kinda wish Chanel would donate $6 million to my museum - you'd think they'd want their cosmetics line to be preserved along with their clothing, right?
- Yas queen!!
How have you been? Are you excited for spring?