- On the beauty history front, Byrdie had a nice little roundup of vintage makeup products, and I'm head over heels in love with these images from Shiseido's official monthly magazine. More thought-provoking was this piece on the history of women's battle against body hair. I have to admit that if it were more socially acceptable I'd never shave my legs or armpits again.
- Attention, pizza fiends: the eyeliner of your dreams has landed. You could even use this pizza wheel-like cutter to apply it. If pizza isn't regal enough for you check out princess eye makeup. Meanwhile, nail art gets political (and possibly illegal in some states).
- Edward Hopper is one of my favorite artists, so I'm loving these animated gifs of his paintings.
- There is much '90s nostalgia to be celebrated! I posted a while back that Wayne's World will be making its way back into theaters for its 25th anniversary, but Wayne and Garth's hometown of Aurora is pulling out all the stops. Mike Myers has also done a few interviews about this classic comedy. In other '90s related news, it's very clear there won't be a Pulp Fiction sequel (or prequel), which, honestly, I'm totally okay with. It would never measure up to the original. It's also very clear that some '90s interior design trends need to stay in the decade. Finally, can I get a "woohoo" for the 20th anniversary of Blur's "Song 2"?
- Chocolate Peppermint Crunch will probably always be my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor, but these new ones sound promising.
What's new with you? Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?