- Allure has a fascinating report on Muslim beauty, while the Smithsonian shares the history of black beauty salons' role in the civil rights movement.
- One my favorite blogs turns 10!
- Must visit this store on my next trip to NYC.
- Love bath products of all kinds, especially food-scented ones, but this just grosses me out.
- "The fact that we lost doesn’t make us wrong; the fact that they don’t believe in us doesn’t make us disappear." I enjoyed this piece by Lindy West, but if you need more bandages for your election wounds check out this letter by Leslie Knope and these photos to make you laugh.
- On the local front, can't say I'm surprised Baltimore currently ranks as the U.S.'s least attractive city. I mean, I live here, right?
- Is this really necessary? Couldn't you just spread Nutella on a hamburger bun?
- I must be the outlier in this new research, as I tend to assign human qualities to many objects but I don't consider myself lonely.
- In '90s nostalgia, HuffPo remembers the frenzy whipped up by Baz Luhrmann's 1996 film Romeo and Juliet, while Vice discusses the Spice Girls and the rise of "girl power".
What's new with you?