Pink, along with the range of hues in the rose subset, is always a popular choice for spring makeup. But rose in spring 2016 is set apart from seasons past due to its use on eyes as well as cheeks, lips and nails to create a monochromatic look. Whether slightly dark and moody (as in MAC's Dusky Rose palette) or sweet and romantic (as seen on the Dior and McQueen runways), rose gets a refresh this season.
1. MAC Dusky Rose Eye Shadow x 9
2. Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year Layer Lipstick
3. NARS Impassioned blush
4. Model at Dior spring 2016 ready-to-wear show
5. Dolce & Gabbana Rosa collection
6. YSL Face Palette Collector
7. Clarins Ombre Iridescente in Silver Pink
8. Model at Alexander McQueen spring 2016 ready-to-wear show
9. L'Oreal La Vie en Rose collection
Some more pretty looks and tips from the spring issues of my beloved magazines. #longliveprint
What do you think of rose, particularly as an all-over shade? Personally, brighter pinks are more flattering with my coloring so I'm drawn to those more than rose, but I like it on others.