- Speaking of vintage compacts, see the original Estée Lauder gift-with-purchase compact.
- I should probably update my faux freckles post to include the new rainbow freckles trend and its offshoot, glitter freckles. I also wonder how long it'll take for the black light makeup fad to turn into glow-in-the-dark freckles.
- The average woman spends 22 and a half minutes getting ready every day. I take about the same amount of time...if you add an hour. :P
- In stupid beauty inventions, we have a completely inefficient automatic lipstick machine and a rather unnecessary wearable nail polish holder. (Just put the bottle on a counter or the floor - I really don't know what the point of a special holder is.)
- Anti-grooming has made its debut as the men's equivalent of the no-makeup look.
- This is one '90s beauty technique I don't remember.
- It's about time MAC came out with their own rewards program.
- I had always meant to write an essay on Riot Grrrl fashion/style as a followup to my thesis, but AnOther beat me to it.
- Murdering plushies just for a few seconds of entertainment is so cruel. :( Also cruel is the fact that no one likes my name anymore (although this wasn't exactly news to me, sigh).
- The season 3 Broad City trailer is way funnier than my smackdowns. Also funny (for Simpsons fans, anyway) is this truly magical website.
How have you been?